How can I tell if my water heater needs replacing?
There’s no repairing a leaky water heater. If you notice any of these signs it may be time to get a new one. You can purchase your water heater from a retailer, but to be eligible for this rebate it must be installed by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a valid GST number.
- leaking or pooling wateron the top around the water connections and/or under or near the heater
- rust stainson laundry or in showers or sinks may be evidence of rust buildup in the water heater
- rusty watercomes out of the taps
- slow hot water recovery time– it takes longer to heat up water or the water doesn’t get as hot even though heat settings haven’t changed
- bubbling or boiling noisesin your tank as water heats up